Electric stoves became a favorite a long time ago. Part of the reason was that they were easier to clean and maintain as well as safer to use. In general, when buyers realize how to clean electric stoves, they reconsider their options for the kitchens. Among electric stoves, there are those covered with glass and those with separate burners.
In both cases, it is the stovetop what needs regular and deeper cleaning and what we will talk about. The cleaning process and the materials may vary from one model to another. Therefore, the technique varies too. Here we will show you the most practical ideas on how to clean electric stove top of the most common models.
Getting ready to clean your electric stove
Getting ready to clean your electric stove is as simple as cleaning it. However, it will all depend on the type of cleaning you pretend to do. Will it be a deep cleaning or the regular process that you complete on a daily basis? Also, it will depend on the type of electric stove.
In any case, you will need gloves, cloths, and additional materials according to the type of cleaning you pretend to do. Before starting the process, it is important to make sure that the top is already cool. If you add cleaners to a hot surface, it could cause some damage to the stovetop and you might hurt yourself too.
Electric Stove Top with Glass
Electric stovetops with glass require daily cleaning after cooking and a deeper cleaning at least once a week. With the daily cleaning, you avoid accumulating dirt that otherwise would become harder to remove with a deep cleaning. That is because the glass accumulates dirt and stains that you can only remove with a deeper cleaning and stronger products. Also, it guarantees that it keeps the shine of the glass.
For the daily cleaning, you only need to use a mild soap that can be a dishwasher soap or something similar. The important is that it is not too abrasive. You only need to soak a soft sponge into the soap. Then pass it through the top until covering it all. Finally, remove the soap and then dry the glass with a soft or microfiber cloth.
When you want to figure out how to clean electric stove glass, your best option consists of using the safest cleaning materials. For the glass, the safest materials are vinegar, dishwasher, and baking soda.
Besides being safe, they also make extraordinary work by cleaning deeply and without the risk of damaging the glass. They also allow you to use two methods to clean the stovetop. Having said that, these would be the step by step process for each method. Notice that for both methods, the baking soda is the key ingredient that allows you to obtain the best results.
Method 1: Vinegar and Baking Soda
- Make sure the glass is already cool or wait 15-20 minutes after the last cooking session
- Get at hand the baking soda, the vinegar, and the cloths
- Put your gloves on
- With a towel paper or cloth, remove all the residues that you can from the glass top
- Add a generous layer of baking soda all over the glass top and let it work for about 10 minutes
- Using a spray bottle, add vinegar over the baking soda and let it react for about 10-15 minutes
- Remove the residues of the mix with a cloth
- Pass a cloth with little vinegar over the glass
Method 2: Dishwasher soap and baking soda
- Wait until the top is cool and clean the surface with a paper towel
- Add a generous layer of baking soda all over the glass top
- Prepare a mix of water and dishwasher soap
- Soak 2 cloths into the water
- Extend the wet cloths over the glass top with the layer of baking soda and leave it for about 15-20 minutes
- Remove the cloths and clean the residue with another cloth or paper towel
Despite these two methods are very effective, sometimes some stains are very resistant and difficult to remove. For such cases, you need to know how to clean electric stove top stains without damaging the stovetop. And the best way is to use a scraper for ceramic glass. After you add and remove the mix with baking soda, you can continue with this tool to complete the cleaning process.
Electric Stove Top with Burners
Electric stoves with burners came up first that stovetops with glass. Many people still use them and their price is more affordable than glass models. And, they can get dirty too. However, it is also easy to clean them. The best way to clean electric stove top burners requires the following:
- Make sure that the burners are cool to avoid any damage
- Add water into the sink and mild dishwasher soap
- Unplug and pull the burners out
- Soak the burners into the water for about 15-20 minutes
- Take the burners out of the water and use a soft sponge to remove dirt sans stains.
While the burners are soaking, you can take the chance to clean the metal catchers where the burners are installed and the rest of the surface. You can use the same soap or opt for an industrial cleaner for metals.
To finish the cleaning process, you can use a glass cleaner to add some shine to the surface. Although using a glass cleaner to clean the metal might surprise, when you try it, you will notice how it helps to maintain the shine of the stove.
In short, learning how to clean electric stoves is one of the easiest and most attractive points of this type of kitchens. Besides, you can DIY with natural ingredients without putting yourself or your stoves at risk. In addition, you can be confident that these methods are suitable for all the brands of electric stoves.